LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Landscape Construction Manager Needed:
Campion Hruby Landscape Architects is looking for a Landscape Construction Manager to join their team and help the studio bring well-crafted gardens, conservation planning, and urban design to its clients.
Why is this job important to Campion Hruby Landscape Architects?
Great design comes from team involvement. This Landscape Construction Manager will be integral to project construction, ensuring jobs are executed according to plan. Because of our holistic office approach, the new employees will jump into all phases of the design process.
- Education, or five years of experience, in the landscape construction industry, horticulture, gardening, and planting design
- Experience successfully supervising the implementation of grading, drainage, planting design, landscape installation, and construction details
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Intrinsic knowledge of hardscape construction, including: masonry, carpentry, irrigation and lighting
- The ability to make detailed observations on job sites and architectural plans, and transcribe them into concise reports for project managers and contractors
- Interpersonal and professional communication skills – written and verbal- are key to the job
- Demonstrated technical skills, an attention to detail, and problem solving ability
- Must be computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge and experience using Fieldwire, and/or other construction management applications
- Knowledge and experience using Google Suite applications, specifically Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Documents and Google Calendar
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, energetic and collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively manage time and self-edit work
- In-depth interest in and knowledge of horticulture
- Passion for planting and ecological design
- Spanish language skills a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Manage overall plant health and soil nutrition strategies through soil testing, sustainable amendment recommendations and supervising implementation
- Travel to project sites to perform site inventory and analysis
- Research project-related issues and best practices, and maintaining a working library of these practices
- Work closely with the landscape architect, contractors and clients throughout the design and construction process
- Lead construction crews on the job site, serving as the eyes and ears of CHLA and ensuring the job is executed according to plan
- Manage teams of sub-contractors and oversee onsite construction
- Review and collaborate with the landscape architect on garden designs and constructability
- Periodically evaluate the health and quality of gardens, and generate recommendations for maintenance and improvements
- Coordination and management of irrigation contractors and systems, including monitoring of moisture levels
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following documents in PDF format, not exceeding 10mb, in file size via email:
- Cover letter
Email with subject line “Landscape Construction Manager | First & Last Name” to
Campion Hruby Landscape Architects
111 Cathedral Street, Suite 100
Annapolis, MD 21401
No phone calls, please.
Campion Hruby offers a competitive compensation package and benefits commensurate with experience.