STAFF DESIGNER-CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
Remote and Onsite. This position will require site visits in the Charlottesville, VA area.
Campion Hruby Landscape Architects is looking for a Staff Designer to help our team bring well-crafted gardens, conservation planning, and urban design to our clients.
Great design comes from team involvement. Staff Designers are integral to the design process; conducting research, creating detailed plans, and developing innovative
design solutions. Because of our holistic office approach, new employees will jump into all phases of the design process, and will be expected to learn and navigate a
variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
0 to 3 years of employment history in a landscape architecture studio environment
- Demonstrated technical skills, an attention to detail, and problem solving ability
- Experience with grading, planting design and construction detailing
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up and MS Office
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Vectorworks (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, energetic and collaborative environment
- Strong freehand illustration and graphic skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and self-edit work
- Ability to integrate seamlessly into various project teams and project specialties
- Artistic curiosity and a passion for design
- Personable, hardworking, and fun, because our team spends a lot of time together
- Passion for and/or experience in horticulture
- International exposure
- Travel to project sites to perform site inventory and analysis
- Gain an understanding of codes and environmental restrictions that affect our work in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- Research project-related issues and best practices
- Work closely with project managers throughout the design and construction process
- Create schematic design presentation books for our clients
- Prepare graphic and written presentations
- Create 3D and perspective renderings
- Draft construction document packages
- Select and order plants for projects
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following documents in PDF format, not exceeding 10mb, in file size via email:
- Cover letter
Email with subject line “Staff Designer | First & Last Name” to
Campion Hruby Landscape Architects
111 Cathedral Street, Suite 100
Annapolis, MD 21401
No phone calls, please.
Campion Hruby offers a competitive compensation package and benefits commensurate with experience.